Situated between the internationally renowned innovation hub of Cambridge, the eco–cluster of Peterborough and the manufacturing excellence it shares with neighbouring districts, Huntingdonshire offers an ideal location for your business.
Huntingdonshire has a diversity of world class design, research and development and manufacturing and supports over 10,500 manufacturing jobs – 12.1% of its workforce; a figure above both the regional and national average.
Whilst home to a multitude of international businesses including the likes of ABB, Bosch, Hotel Chocolat and Xaar, the region also hosts a thriving and innovative small to medium sized business sector. High tech businesses are well represented with a variety of sectors including high value manufacturing, bio/life sciences, clean tech and ICT at the forefront. Augmenting this, the district offers a highly skilled workforce of a million people within an hour’s drive with skills 20% above national average, has 25 centres of academic excellence nearby including Cambridge and Cranfield, and is within the only UK region represented in the EU’s top 10 R&D regions.
A strong public / private sector partnership is in place to support this innovative and dynamic economy providing invaluable information and assistance including industry led business networks, a range of funding programmes and access to competitively priced commercial property – including a 150 hectare Enterprise Zone.
Be part of a region that boasts:
- 700,000 jobs, 60,000 enterprises and generates £30 billion per annum
- Current population of 1.3 mil estimated to grow to 1.5 mil by 2031 – 2nd fastest growing region in UK
- UK’s No 1 location for commercial R&D Spend – 25% of UK total
- World acclaimed centre of academic and research excellence including Cambridge and Cranfield
- Established manufacturing centre of excellence – 12.1% of workforce
- 150 hectare High tech Enterprise Zone
- Highly competitive salary levels
- Desirable Quality of Life
Huntingdonshire's diversity of world-class design, research and development and manufacturing supports over 10,000 manufacturing jobs
A premium lifestyle
Huntingdonshire provides it's residents with an enviable lifestyle and a host of leisure, culture and sports opportunities appealing to all ages and interests
A place to grow
The District has a clear plan for continued growth with substantial new employment and residential opportunities including a 150 hectare high tech Enterprize Zone